The Preceptory and the village of Klemberg
(Klenov) is located in the Black Mountain Valley of the southwestern region of
the Saros County, only 20 Km southwest from the city of Eperies (Presov),
and 25 Km northwest of the city of Kassa (Kosice).
Already in the 12th century the village and
the region of Klenov (Klemberg) was a part of the Aba's Lordship of Somos
(Village of Somos / now Drienov). While the seat of the Lords of Somos was
located 14 Km east of Klemberg, the most of the land within the county of
Saros and County of Aba was a part of the Clan Aba domain.
Today the land is a part of the Agricultural
Coop which was established in 1948, when people of Klenov refused the
nationalization of their land by the communist state. After fall of
communism in 1989, people of the village became benefactors of the